December Disability Directorate Update
The Ministry of Health has released the December Disability Directorate Update. It has information on a lot of things including:
- COVID-19 mask exemption cards and where you can get them.
- Free online training available on mental health care of people with an intellectual disability provided by the University of New South Wales
- The results of the 2019/20 New Zealand Health Survey
- The consultation for the Health and Disability Services Standards review (which closes on January 13)
- Extending the flexibility of people using their Carer Support and Individualised Funding to buy disability supports
- Consultation on building a Data and Information Strategy for Health and Disability
- Improving digital access
- Enabling Good Lives updates.
You can subscribe to the newsletter on the Ministry of Health website.
Aspire Canterbury is a Disability Information Service and are always available to answer your questions, provide support or have a chat. If you have any questions about the December Disability Directorate Update, or anything at all, you can always contact us using the details on our Contact Us page or through our Facebook page. Please remember, we are a community resource and hub, we have been providing information, solutions and support for approximately 40 years. If you are uncertain about anything at all, contact us, chances are we may be able to help or connect you to a service that can help.